Friday 20 July 2007

A close call ....

Thank goodness for that! I had been telling a friend that I was getting panicky about my Ravelry invite, that perhaps I hadn't signed up right (I know, you type in your e-mail address and click a button - what can go wrong? I have paranoia issues, what can I say? So so I signed up with a different email address of mine ... or so I thought .....

Ciara kindly told me that you can now check your place in the queue, so i hopped over and typed in my blog email address.

Sorry that email address is not on our signup list

I told you something can go wrong! When I'm involved, something can always go wrong!

so I typed in the back up email address I used the second time (my personal email) and it says July 10th 2007. No I scream (internally, didn't want to scare the pets), I had signed up a whole month before that!!!! I'd signed up with the same email address twice!

After a few moments of heavy breathing and knots twisting in my stomach, I realise that although the date is the second date, my place in the queue is as it should be. There are 541 people before me in the queue. That can't take long now can it?

PS If this situations causes internal screaming, heavy breathing and cold sweats, you know the knitting addiction has become a problem

4 comments:

You Dropped One said...

I checked my place recently too, and there's about 500 people in front of me too...

On a different note - I think I have a terminal case of Startitis. Unfortunately I don't think i have enough needles to sart everything, lol. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

You Dropped One said...

I did indeed go to Starbucks... it was called for being Wednesday n all, plus Siobhan wanted the loo, dad a cup of tea and me a photo, lol.


I know, poor Sock 2. Maybe he'll be happy when he's Sock 3?

Tracey said...

I too am waiting for my invite - however every time i got back it says the same number of people and its 4200 something...mind you i was late to join, and signed up only in june - but its still been a over a month - and i'm getting antsy as so many people are saying how great and wonderful it is.

if you only have 400 people in front of you, you have to promise to tell us all the goodness that it is when your's finally gets here!

GaietyGirl said...

400-odd people ahead of you is nothing really, especially as they tend to add new people in batches of 500 to 1000 a go!

It's worth the wait, I promise!
In the meantime, maybe now is your chance to start photographing your stash. Cataloguing is addictive, and appeals to my inner ocd-child :)